FORTIFY ALL TO LIVE AS CHILDREN OF GOD
We welcome children — their voices, open spirits and curiosity enrich our worship and bring energy to our community. Their participation in worship and through Sunday School are an important part of their growth, and we’re happy to see (and hear!) them.
Some services throughout the year are led by our youth, and children participate in various special services as well.
Our congregation actively participates in our worship ministry through various opportunities:
- Our greeters welcome everyone to the church for worship and can assist if special accommodations are needed.
- Members of our Altar Guild make our beautiful sanctuary welcoming, seasonal and holy.
- Gifts of flowers for the altar are welcome. Please let us know if they mark a special occasion or remembrance.
- Scripture readers and assisting ministers are an important part of our service as they read the liturgy, assist with communion and send us out into the world with a blessing.
- Post-service treats are an important part of fellowship. Our seniors and families make sure that we are fed not only in spirit but in body as well.
Music fills our space with piano-led solos and a small-but-mighty four-part choir. Listen to the audio samples below.
Rejoice Choir Selection: Christ Be In My Waking
Rejoice Choir Selection: How Beautiful
Throughout the year, our adults, children and youth have opportunities to meet for special gatherings, events, and outreach opportunities.
We’ve taken field trips to the Denver Museum of Nature and Science, gazed at stars and planets from the Berthoud Planetarium, hosted Easter Cantata’s and music concerts, enjoyed meals together at potlucks and through our Agape dinners, and joined our community for events like the Halloween maze. We also have a group of dedicated knitters who meet monthly for a Shawl Ministry, and quilters who warm others in the community with their sewing skills.